|Common Name||Orthoboric acid|
|CAS Number||10043-35-3||Molecular Weight||61.833|
|Density||1.4±0.1 g/cm3||Boiling Point||219-220 °C (9.7513 mmHg)|
|Molecular Formula||H3BO3||Melting Point||169 °C|
|Vapour Pressure||2.6 mm Hg ( 20 °C)|
|Index of Refraction||1.385|
|Water Solubility||49.5 g/L (20 ºC)|
Boric acid purpose
1. Widely used in glass (optical glass, acid-proof glass, heat-resistant glass, glass fiber for insulating materials) industry.In the metallurgical industry as an additive, co-solvent, boric acid has corrosion resistance, can be used as a preservative, such as wood corrosion.It is used in metal welding, leather, photography, and in the manufacture of dyes, heat-resistant and fire-resistant fabrics, artificial gems, capacitors, and cosmetics.It can also be used as insecticide and catalyst.
2. Used for skin diseases, disinfection and antisepsis.
3. The analysis is used to make buffer solution, such as boric acid, potassium chloride sodium hydroxide buffer solution, sodium acid buffer solution.It’s also used as an antiseptic.It is used in pharmacy and preparing borate.
4. Used for manufacturing capacitors, disinfection, corrosion.
5. Used in electronics industry and optical fiber industry.
6. Used as adhesives or cross-linking agents for water-soluble adhesives such as starch, polyvinyl acid and polyvinyl acetal.It can also be used as anticorrosion and antiseptic.Boric acid is the basic raw material for boride and borate production. It is widely used in glass industry to produce optical glass, acid-proof glass, boronic glass and other high grade glass and glass fiber.
7. Boric acid is also a commonly used buffer in sulfate zinc plating.
Quality First, Safety Guaranteed